Saturday 13 December 2008

A GAP team Christmas



This Friday was the Student Christmas party where we decorated Junction 26 all Christmas like.
There was a good turnout and we had so much fun playing charades, eating the delectable 11 pound cake I picked out, duck taping people to walls, and doing a Christmas quiz (my team won)! We also started watching the Christmas story which was randomly cut of in the middle.
We got home around 1 and had to be back at the church around 8:30 to be at Shock wave(a youth outreach) in the morning...

The Gap team Christmas photo was taken after the party, by Richard Saunders one of the students.

After the part I got dropped off in Newport City Center where I was able for the first time to explore Newport and all the shops! I ran into some friends and one of the students and her mom from Bettws high! It is so good to be able to continue building relationships outside of the school setting.

Yesterday night we went to Taylor Reese's 18th Birthday party. He is a fella from the Sr. teens. His dad Andy and my fellow life group leader did a great job honoring him. It was great getting to be around with our close friends from church!

This week I am looking forward to our "family" farewell Christmas dinner on Tuesday and not looking forward to my girls leaving Wednesday :(


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ivy,

    It sounds like your life is so busy. I hope this week marks the time for some rest and time to sit at the feet of our Savior. Do you get much quiet time? Is that regularly scheduled in your week/day? I hope so.

    What else is on your agenda this week? After everyone leaves on Wednesday EARLY!!! I know Taige will be there through Christmas Day, but have you made any arrangements to travel or what.

    I look forward to a chat soon.

    We will be home tonight. We had hopes of watching the rest of the movie "The nightmare years" with the Butlers but that won't happen, since Mr. Butler has surgery tomorrow early in the a.m.

    I love you very much and thankful for the cross and the work of redemption our Savior did on our behalf.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete